Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

69/365 -Pappaw


As a child/grandchild, I think I refuse to realize that my parents/grandparents are aging. In my mind, they stay young forever. I guess it is time for me to come to reality and accept the fact that they don't stay young forever. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital a few days ago due to a stroke he had a few weeks ago. This has actually been a little harder on me than I expected it to be. I am learning more about strokes than I guess I ever cared to know. It is hard for me to see the effects this has had on him. He seems to be doing better and starting to get a little antsy. I can understand that he is ready to be in the comfort of his own home. I just pray that he doesn't have anymore.  I will leave you all with a few pictures of our trip to visit him.
In the car on our way:

He insisted on his JoJo getting under the table with him.  The things grandparents do for their grandchildren.

Not the best shot, but everyone was tired and ready to get some zzzz.

2 comments:

Followers